We want you!
Applications for the 2021-2022 Board of Directors are now open!
Events include: Lighting of the Quad and Senior Send Off
Events include: Karaoke Nights, Late Night Open Mics, Battle of the Bands, Comedians
Events include: Annual Concert
Culture and Community
Events include: Drag Show, Intercultural Cook Off
Events include: Fallfest, Springfest
Events include: Friday Night Film Series, Outdoor Movies
Late at Wake
Events include: Fall aWake All Night, Spring aWake All Night
Events include: Pet Rock Making, Ornament Making, Potions, Shag Dancing, Dumpling Making
Events include: Last Lecture Series
Events include: Murder Mystery Dinner
Events include: Collaborations w/ Campus Traditions such as Project Pumpkin, Wake ‘n’ Shake, Hit the Bricks, etc., collaborating with the athletic department such as football events in the fall, Super bowl watch party, March madness etc.
Trivia and Games
Events include: Weekly Tuesday Trivia, Semesterly Big Trivia
Events include: Homecoming, Spring fair
Event ideas include: Local mini farmers market, Haunted tunnels (with AAP), Carowinds, Greensboro Civil Rights Museum, Biltmore Estate
Applications for the 2020-2021 Board of Directors are currently opened!
The mission of Student Union is to develop an enhanced cultural, educational, recreational, and social atmosphere for the WFU community through student-programmed events and support for student life.
The Wake Forest Student Union started in 1958 as the WFU College Union and in 1988 changed its name to the Student Union Network but in 1988, the Network was dropped from the name.
The duties and responsibilities of all Programming Directors are as follows:
- Plan traditional and innovative campus-wide events
- Chair or Co-Chair a standing committee of Wake Forest students
- Attend all weekly Board of Directors meetings (Mondays, 4:00 pm)
- Attend and facilitate all weekly standing committee meetings
- Attend Fall and Spring retreats
- Attend weekly meetings with the Student Union advisor
- Support and attend Student Union events throughout the academic year
- Plan and execute marketing initiatives to properly advertise events
- Work within budgetary guidelines
- Conduct 3 scheduled office hours per week
The deadline for applications is Friday, March 27. Interviews will take place the week of March 29th- April 2nd. If you are selected to be interviewed, a member of Student Union will contact you to arrange a time that week.
If you have any questions, please contact Mia Williams email: firstname.lastname@example.org